Monday, September 29, 2014

Solar System

After my last post and thinking about my insect project, it reminded me of other projects I did in elementary school at home and was more worried about the presentation of it than the content. Science has never been one of my favorite subjects, and I'm starting to see why!  This is why it is SO important for us, as teachers, to create a fun and positive learning environment for our students.

In third grade, we all completed a solar system at home similar to this one:


I can't remember going to different stores looking for the right material that my teacher wanted.  I also remember my mom talking to other mom's about how to do certain parts because it had to be done in such a particular way.  We all came to school with the same exact project, identically labeled and colored. 

I found this website with some fun solar system ideas they can be done in the classroom 

One of my favorites was this flip book. The students can pull it out as a reference throughout other lessons, and I feel would benefit more with something they can keep forever. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like the flip book idea. I think students would have a lot of fun making it.

    ReplyDelete