Monday, October 27, 2014

Race for the Cure

This weekend, we made a trip home to Memphis to support my Aunt Debbie in Race for the Cure.  She is a nine-month breast cancer survivor and one of the most positive people I know.  We arrived at 6:30 and there were already lots of people there with music playing and lots of positive energy! 


This is me and my cousins with my aunt, in pink.

Graham was so excited to see so many people up early with him for once!  He was a trooper!
 
My sweet mom :)  We make as many trips to Memphis as we can fit in so that Dee Dee can have lots of Graham time.
Debbie underwent many radiation treatments with horrible side effects, and she still has some side effects and symptoms daily, but she is SO strong.  She doesn't complain and finds the positive in any situation.



Cousins :)
 


 This is a yearly tradition, a picture of all of the survivors. 



It was a great morning and such a powerful experience.  You can find more information about Race for the Cure here

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful that you guys were all able to come together to support your aunt!

    ReplyDelete